You’ve probably heard about the latest fashion branding trend called pop up shops. A pop up shop is a temporary venue that offers retail experiences. By producing a pop shop you get to boost your sales, educate yourself and your customers, test what’s working and what’s not as well as get a better understanding of who is your target customer. The pop up strategy involves ‘popping up’ one day at any location, then disappearing anywhere from one day to several weeks later. When asked by my clients about whether the pop up shop trend is some hyped up temporary trend, I tell them that there are actually quite a few reasons why producing a pop up store could boost your fashion business.
What’s the point of pop up shop?When considering if you do or don’t need to product a pop up shop, think about these points:
- Your online sales may be soaring and your e-Commerce strategy is doing wonders to your brand, but combining your online efforts with offline initiatives boosts your brand’s reputation in the eyes of customers. That’s a fact.
- Pop ups are used for the purpose of marketing. Producing a pop up store helps you build awareness as well as get in touch with your target customer.
- When your customers know you’re producing a pop up shop, they tend to spread the word about you.
- A pop up shop gives you the unique opportunity to get to know in what direction your target customer’s tastes and fashion preferences are changing.
Pop up shop: The benefitsBut there also 4 specific benefits of producing a pop up store:
- Boost your sales and build brand awareness;
- Test what’s working out and what’s not;
- Get to know your customer;
- Get people talking about your brand.